Founder and CEO of Byron Corporation, a real estate investment and redevelopement company since 1983.
Founder of Jason Cooper Management Inc., a property management company since 1983.
Member of the Brattleboro Energy Committee, the Coop Power steering committee and Friends of the West River Trail.
Energy related projects include:
- A wood pellet district heat system for 20 units in 5 buildings
- A wood pellet heat system for an 1800s barn converted to 4 residential units
- A 10kw rooftop solar photovoltaic (PV) system and a rooftop solar hot water system on a 10 unit apartment building
- Weatherization and air sealing in several multi-family buildings
- A heat pump installation in a 1920 3-bedroom house
- A 150kw ground-mount solar PV system.
- Helping to create a 7 mile rail-trail near downtown facilitating safe non-motorized commuting and recreational access.
Born and raised in Brattleboro, Chrys honed her skills locally in Customer Service before joining BCTV. She began her first locally produced show at BCTV, Teen Talk, which aired as a series on Channel 8. Finding her creativity, Chrys branched out to edit, direct and produce several award winning programs, including live shows and a radio call in.
After her son left for filmmaking college, Chrys ventured out across the United States and Costa Rica in an RV. She eventually settled in Tucson, Arizona where she began her career in property management and served as the Leasing Agent for Tucson’s largest luxury apartment community. Chrys quickly became the top leasing agent – winning Rookie of the year award and a promotion to Assistant Manager. For the next 5 years she oversaw all levels of the leasing and maintenance departments. She was later promoted to Leasing Manager where she further enhanced her leasing and managerial skills with continued leasing and property management education, renewals, accounting, marketing and the training of new leasing agents.
In November of 2015, Chrys returned to her hometown and joined forces with Jason Cooper Management and is in full charge of all rentals, leasing functions, accounting, and marketing. Together with Jason, they are striving to stand out from other property management companies by providing energy efficient housing and the ease of a virtually paperless existence. She’s committed to using her experience to provide the best service to tenants and property owners.